Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Response to essay question: What do I fell is my best attribute and/or characteristics?Why?

My best attribute if I must say without seeming just ordinary would be being a mother. When my son looks up at me with that ever endearing love.His eyes full of potential seeking my knowledge, guidance, discipline, love and support.I would love to be able to give him the world though impossible I try and do my best. My son makes me feel like I'm doing a great job, if I do not have efficient finances for the action figure or video game he states" That its OK mommy we'll get it next time" never creating a fuss. There are times when I am upset I have had a prank caller that wouldn't give my phone a break my son had overheard me yelling,and stated " Don't worry mommy don't get upset you'll have an heart attack;just take a deep breath"calm down.I did then I laughed knowing that he is right telling me how to control my behavior at only the tender age of six makes me love to be a mother This is the one true attribute that is always having me to assess myself continually.

My son's admiration for me makes me feel almost honorable.He is well aware that I work very hard to provide a substantially comfortable environment for us being as though I have raised him as a single parent. Becoming a mother has endowed me with so much compassion. I am able to care for another person more than I care for myself.
When there had been a time long ago when I felt a child would ruin my life. On the contrary it made life all the more enjoyable.

I feel that the attribute of mother has giving me one of life most fulfilling experiences but it has also better help me to relate and appreciate my own mother as well. I can remember the times when i was younger I felt so upset with her , mostly for attention. I am the third out of eight . Then other times I felt that she could have done more to make life comfortable.Today I understand the hardships, struggles, the time consumption that it must of took for her to provide what we had. I have someone now who is my mom and friend. Being a mother made me realize how much we have in common we can converse better,and I am more open to listen to her advice after all she raised me and I turned out fine now I can see my work as mother lived out in my child.

My best characteristic I'd say enables me to better live up to my best attribute and I believe it to be that I am driven/outgoing ,I describe this characteristic to mean that I never back down when challenged especially intellectually.I have an ever ready willingness to compete for the win without gambling with my morals.I am insistent on conquering fears leaving no room for intimidation. Aiming to excel in any endeavors that I may encounter.This drive in me makes me passionate about life and all of it's wondrous bounties.I feel that this drive is fueled even more that it's my time to be mom. I can do the job my way perfecting myself as time goes by learning from my mistakes and those of my parents.I'm making sure that I take the necessary steps to further my education by getting my G.E.D.,encouraging my son in a life of challenges.Letting him know to never give up on your dreams and that there is always something more to aspire to be.

These two qualities the best attribute and my favorite characteristic of myself I feel will keep me positive .They are the foundations on what I feel will help me to become the successful attorney that I aspire to be . These qualities has already taken me back to school,strengthening myself in the general educational areas that have been my weak points . What most I admire about the two is that together they make each and every day worth living.Having these qualities instilled in me makes me to know that every waking day I'm already off to a good start.

4 comments:

Adam Nathanson said...

Nana,
Alright, you've have the basics all here except for one thing: specific details. You can edit out a few sentences of generalizations and replace them with two examples in the body. One should be a one or two sentence story about a time your son looked into your eyes and you felt responsible and good. When, where, and why was it? Then repeat the process in the context of your admiration for your own mother. See you tomorrow!
Best,
Adam

Adam Nathanson said...

Nana,

I like the additions you made about your son's comments to you because they're so specific. The only place you still need a more detailed example is in the 4th paragraph. Add a line or two about a particular time when you didn't back down in your role as mother in class tonight.

Overall, this looks decent. Consider that the GED Essay is timed in case you need to pare down the length of some of the generalizations.

Adam

felecia said...

uses the writing prompt to establish a main idea

Adam Nathanson said...

Nana,
I'm looking forward to having you back in class, and to seeing your increasingly well-developed writing more. I hope you're feeling a little better.
Best,
Adam